MyPensieve

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Miracle and Me

Are you a believer of miracles? Has any miracle happened to you? Are miracles strictly for children? Well, I was thinking the same till very recently.
Last Sunday, at Trivandrum, it happened to me… Believe it or not that’s what I call this incident... A Miracle...
I watched a tamil movie with my friend and was returning back, when i suddenly missed my mobile... i remembered having it in my hand at the movie-house. So we went back to the theatre to check, incase it was still there, although i had no illusions whatsoever in my mind that the phone would be there. On the way back i planned to buy my next mobile, and even decided on the model to buy. We reached there and enquired at the gate. the watchman told us that a mobile was found and handed over to the office. Still unbelieving, i went to the office, my sagged spirits rising steadily and guardedly. There it was my good old companion lying serenely on the table before a bespectacled man, who when i approached smilingly gave away the mobile without any dramatics of any sort...!!! It was a humble guard at the cinema who has first spotted and returned the mobile to the manager. I met him and gave him a "reward" Rs.50!!! ooh, how magnimous...! 50 for a mobile of 5000... great bargain, eh? strangely, i felt sick... As i couldn't say anything else i said 'thank you' and walked off... happy and ashamed at the same time! Then slowly my mind began to explain all that happend that day...

'Why the hell are you dull?', it asked? 'You got your phone, rite? U should be happy? What do you know abt that man? Maybe he was in such a circumstance, that he had to return it... like maybe someone else was with him when he found it and so he had no other go... or maybe he had another better phone(?)... or maybe he got a mental satisfaction by returning it which is bigger than any other reward...yeah, i this is more feasible... Y do you care? All is well that ends well. Cheer up, buddy'

Yes, I agreed. and I was cheering up a bit, when i was asked by my fickle mind again 'What would you have done in his position? suppose u find an iPod in a theater?'. To my utter embarrasment and shame, I could not right away and with conviction say that i would have done what he did. That was when i realised the miracle that has happened to me. how often miracles go unnoticed... and i vowed to do a miracle for anybody who needs one and for whom i am capable of doing one...

It is easy to let go of a miracle unnoticed...so watch out for them... Miracles dont happen at all times... and when they do happen they leave a deep impact, like mine did to me... so maybe the things they say abt God keeping record of your good and bad turns is actually true...??? maybe watever good and bad you do will come back to you, not necessarily in that order and not necessarily from the same person...??? It is unanswered questions like these which make 'God' so powerful... we all have it in us to perform miracles... small or big but a miracle nontheless... so go out and do miracles and be 'God'... Yes, we all have it in us to be God...

4 Comments:

  • true agathish!
    We tend to lose out such miracles!

    By Blogger Vigneshwar Ramakrishnan, at 1:25 AM  

  • yup, its very much true.we get to notice and things about all these stuffs only when we encounter those. that's why they call life as the best "mentor"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

  • Great incident that happened to u. I would say u were 'lucky' but I also believe that one makes his own luck.
    One more thing I would like to add - know what, there are actually lot of incidents like this happening everyday all around us! Ya its true. What happens is just that people do not for some reason or the other publish them, like u did. May be we are too astounded to tell people. Our general tendency is to criticize all the 'bad' happenings, lower tendency to say 'good'. Nice that u remembered the good experience and published it. Good Job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 AM  

  • theguywhothinkstoomuch,

    You have a good writing style that you could further develop. Glad to have found these two posts. Why haven't you continued? Risk yourself and throw it in the open and then come up. You will go places. Couple of comments/criticisms (as you have welcomed those): You may be in the SMS-happy GenX GenY (or is it GenZ now? :-) ), but throw away the laziness and spell words fully and watch out for the grammer as well. Good writing knows no generations. understand wat i'm talking abt?

    Picture blog is okay, but I like this one better. For pictures have you come across flickr.com?

    By Blogger இரா. செல்வராசு (R.Selvaraj), at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home